Thursday, September 13, 2007

Jeg elsker Denmark

Hello!... I'm at leisure today so shall post something.

The last few months have been a whirlwind of activities for me. Working at NOKIA, chalet and tons of going out! Did you know that I was 55kg when I left? Life has never been so good with all the food! And I lost 5kg in just one month here in Denmark! -_-... miserable man! I have to cook my own food etc and I slowly getting the hand of it. Of course, that means I spend money like nobody's business and I should stop soon! I'm really spending a lot and I have no idea where the money goes. But I'm eating more chocolate now...

And all the fats I can get from eating chocolates are eradicated from cycling. Cycling here is some national pastime. If you don't cycle in Denmark, you haven't really been to Denmark. I'm always collapsing after each strenuous workout... and I think my bike sucks which means I have to do more work pedalling. All in all, I should be super fit when I get back to Singapore.

Imagine this, yesterday I prepared my dinner of cabbage rice... small portion but enough... ate two chocolate muesli bars. I then went for the Sociology dinner and ate two more slices of BIG pizzas. And of course, I cycled firstly for 55mins to my course, had dinner, then cycled 30 mins to the Sociology dinner. Now honestly, do you think I can put on weight? After that, we cycled to the Studentenhuset which is a bar for students and I had a smirtoff ice! 5% vodka, tastes sweet and is yummy! Haha, and I could taste the vodka! I felt much more warmer... especially when I cycled back home for 40mins up and down and up hills. =X

The weather in Denmark is crazy! It is very windy which makes everything feels colder!. There is really a chill factor that can freeze you! I can shiver here... and hence, I like to stay at home. Just like the Danes =P But I have to bike so... and everytime I'm on the bike, I pray so super hard that God will take away the wind. I will miss everything about Denmark except the wind! And you know what that means right? Everytime on the bike, not only do I have to contend with the hills, the long distances but also the wind that threatens to blow me off. In fact, last saturday saw the wind blowing off my shoe! -_-... I almost careened onto the pavement and almost caused an accident. Luckily there were no cyclists behind me =P.

Studying here is tough. Yes I know, my timetable is like this.

Mon 4-6pm
Tue 9-11am 12pm-2pm
Wed 3-5pm

And I'm free for the rest of the day!... =P but I have so many readings that I must as well don't go out man! It is very tiring for me! and I do try to read but always fails cos I'm like Oh it is time to cook lunch, time to cook dinner... oh have to go out today. =) and my mum wants me to study hard here cos she thinks I can get first class honours here... X| I'm like no. there is no way I can get first class honours even if I study hard here so yeah. I think I'm going to be a mugger though. I need to save money!

I also belong to the Eramus Student network where I do voluntary work for the organization. I helped at the International student Welcoming party and I was a bartender. haha, I can pour out beer on the tap liao =P (Gosh I'm hungry now!!)

I think that is all for now. I need to cook lunch! =P Miss everyone in SIngapore! But I love Denmark too!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

can life get any better?? good food, no weight gain, and SLACK timetable!!!!! omg and chocs!!! miss ya!!!!