-Hey Yiwen! Long time no see. How have you been? I would love to meet up with you too!-
I'm awfully pressured to find a job and it is not good. I need money but hm it is also a tad difficult to get a job. -disgrunted noises- and so I waste my life away playing Shattered Galaxy. I've moved up to Morgana Prime where I start again as a very useless noob in battles. I'm practically useless and all my units are paper. Tsky tsky. I need to play more to gain more xp.
Anyway, I have been helping KJ, YY, Rude and Andy with their business venture of providing a viable source of income for the mentally challenged patients at the Simei Daycare centre. They came up with the idea of making card accessories which is along the same idea as scrapebook accessories. I go down to help out by overseeing the patients and at the same time creating the designs. So for those who wanna find out the stuff I have been doing, head down to Expo this weekend for the book fair and check out the card accessories. Actually, I didn't really have much fun at the first day cos I was ignored/didn't have common topic of NUSSU PRU etc so the second day I brought my sister and it was wayyyyyyyyyyy better.
On Sunday, I went to Lim Chu Kang Cemetary with Wei Yang and Lihui to pay our respects to Isz who died in the Taiwan accident. Isz was a gregarious guy who was always bursting with enthusiasm. He was my council understudy and in my contact with him, I found him a passionate and smart individual who had a zest for life. Within minutes of hearing it was him who died, I just stared numbly at the screen, feeling a sense of sorrow course through my entire being. He was just one of the guys I expected to see around in University and now life has been crushed out from him. Sometimes, I just don't know what to make out of life. But Isz, wherever you are, take care!
To continue with our little adventure at LCK, this was my first time in a cemetary since I have only visited colobariums. Wy picked me up from church and I daresay it was lucky that Wy got a car because it was so far in. Firstly, the directions we got were Muslim Cemetary Path 18 but we didn't get the Block. So we got off at Block 16 to walk about trying to find the grave before walking up and down the other Blocks. We even accidentally scoured the mass grave site to find the grave... Finally, we got out directions properly. It was Block 429 Plot 2577. Wy thought it was 2477 so even at the correct Block we were having trouble. But the Malay caretakers were all very nice. Upon seeing the three Chinese trudging up and down in the hot sweltering sun, they all came up to ask if we needed help etc. So friendly! Even though their command of English was weak, they still displayed such comraderie that was heartwarming. We finally reached Isz's grave after 2 hours? I finally got to pay my respects and say farewell. Sigh but I will always remember Isz in happier times and I'm sure he would want us to be happy too. Rest in peace Isz.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment