Monday, July 17, 2006

Russell

Thx to Aileen, Kelvin and RR for tagging! Heehee doesn't physics just turn u 'on'?

I have just finished reading Aileen's blog. Thanks girl...

'Females cannot help being fickle especially when all their NS boyfriends talk about is something totally irrelevant and mundane as NS. There is Victoria and Russell, who I cheer on, despite the pining spent apart, precisely because of common interests, like DOTA. You go guys!'

=) although I feel like a fraud. Firstly, cos Russell is in a situation I hunger, desire, long and will do anything to be in. So its like feeding of some drug that I know is bad for me but I need to survive. So I don't mind talking NS with him. Secondly, Russell does not whine about NS. His motto is since I am in it, I will enjoy it. He never tio an extra before and although he has to go overseas, face tekaning, face shit from his superiors and have duties, he has never complained to me about the Army. Once in awhile, he talks about the narrow-mindedness of his superiors or the inefficiency of how things are done, but he has never complained about why he is in the army. Why? Because when he wAs in Tekong, he swore an oath to the SAF to serve it. He swore the Officer's Creed and because of his oaths, he strives to be the best and to accept everything he faces even if he knows its shit.

I admire this never-giving-up attitude of Russell and the fact that, he makes every effort to contact/see me. [Although once in awhile, he would just go off with his friends] He calls me every night unless on exercise even when he was overseas. Even if it is just a simple hello, I miss you, Bye... he does it. Now, he tries to see me every night cos he is stay out. I mean I can't possibly ask for more?

And yes, I tried to break up during the OCS days because when he took up appointments, he really did not have time for me. To now, I still don't really understand the full extent of what he went through because he tells me what he thinks I should know, but all the shit he faced, all the politics he played, he kept to himself. I don't know whether that is good or not but you must understand that I was still very bitter over my first Army rejection. I was angry with him simply cos I was angry with the SAF and took it out on him.

And I love Russell for being so patient, nice, kind, loving and caring. We have come a long way together. Yes, DOTA really also kindles our romance. Haha, he thinks that someone is trying to hit on me through DOTA [sze and aileen, pls dun mention this to anyone] and it is very funny to see how he becomes protective. =D In fact, he dislikes him but I told him that I have gotten Butterfly. [You know the Chinese fable of the two lovers becoming butterflies, even the Butterfly in DOTA comprises of two swords] Hence, I have Evasion and will miss the hits! Haha, isn't it perfect? -giggles-

We just had a BBQ organised by Chew Yi and Robin for his OCS Section. Only LTA. Terrance and Kenneth turned up. BUt the food was good! Haha, I enjoyed myself. Kenneth kept dropping food and hence, wasting it. LTA. Terrance was there for suaning and Robin kept eating the chilis and burning up. =D It was a success! Haha, though it was funny as when they asked Russell how his CO marked him, Russell had to ask me how!!!! Haahaa, plus LTA. Terrance was telling Russell how he must give it to the guy and thrash him! [we guess he has had a similar experience] We had bowling with Chew Yi, RObin and TErrance... fun! Haha though I was the only one to meet the quota. Whee... but I hate bowling! Cos I can't bowl. Oh well!

But, I love Russell. I don't mind talking about NS though I go wistful but I cheer up! Haha Robin was asking me if I was all right when they were talking about NS. Hmz, but its over.

Cheers to my r/s with Russell. Only BLEAK thing in the horizon now is his Indonesian Trip in September. -cries-

No comments: