Monday, September 25, 2006

As you Wish.

I am unhappy! Haha no one tags my blog to leave nice happy stuff there or to give comments about my poem on the previous post. Sadz although now it seems to be a blatant shameless gimick to get people to tag.

I watched Princess Bride today and it struck me how attracted I was to guys who are suave, confident, able to turn a most dire situation to something funny, always looking at the positive side of things, able to use discourse to make light of reality and who are sincere. Even though they make the most cheesy lines, but it is because they really mean it and believe it, the words mean a lot to me.

'Its only words and words are all I have to take your heart away.' Bee Gees' Words.

I fall for words. Confident, positive, humourous, a tinge of sarcasm and the fact he can pull off the most cliche and yet meaningful lines never fails to leave me in awe. Maybe thats why I say it takes a special guy for me to fall in love and a special sort of guy to love me. I don't know why Russell sticks around me. It takes a guy with a very healthy dose of self-confidence to like a girl like me, who acts and dresses somewhat like a guy, but deep down inside, I can be as pretty as I want to be. I am a trifle insecure and cannot take jealousy, thus I look for a guy who is so deep that well, most girls will usually pass over. Hence, before I look at one's face, I first notice skin tone as I liked tanned guys and then move on to their words and visions. I don't really like guys who cannot engage in a conversation, with static minds that just oscillate between looking good and acting cool. I like guys who can just talk about one million things under the sun without pausing to think about it, who can just talk without making me feel awkward with the single thought of 'whats next?'

This is a conversation I had with Russell.
Chief of the RAF [Russell Armed Forces], LG Neo Li Xian Victoria Anne says:
how was ur day
wheeeeee says:
boring without u

=) Checkmate. It is nice to always know that he makes an effort to make you feel wanted in his life. Sigh. I miss him a lot but sometimes, I apparently don't show it. Maybe it might just be my way of trying to deal with missing him by acting like I am unaffected but I guess most of my friends do know my sudden lapses or rather, how everything I do or think seems to revolve around him? Russell thinks that I don't really miss him. Maybe I don't show it that much. After all, he is always the more affectionate one, while I feel kind of embarrassed about being affectionate in public. Oh well. I guess my words are exactly the same standard as the guy I admire. [There are many guys that I can talk to, relate to and laugh about every damn thing but there is only one guy who is confident, happy and positive always. Russell has always stood out and haha, if you ask us how come we are still together, it is because we are still intrigued by each other. Another guy is my sister's guy. I guess we sisters do have similar tastes]. But I have started to become more like Russell. I will have the cheek to say 'Oh I don't have to study. I am a genius.' =) and the thing is to say it with such confidence and get away with it. Now that is an art.

Here are some of my favourite quotes for the Princess Bride. Incidentally, Russell reminds me of Westley. I might be somewhat like Buttercup [yes, I know. WHAT A NAME!]

Buttercup: You mock my pain.

Westley: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. [I like this line a lot because it sums up the structural perspective of sociology and it still seems funny.]

Buttercup: We'll never survive.

Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has. [Notice how difficult it is to say this and get away with it?]

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.

Buttercup: But how can you be sure?

Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day? [Again, though it sounds cliche, but when said sincerely and in a somewhat lighthearted fashion, it becomes meaningful... well, at least to me anyway.]

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?

Buttercup: Well... you were dead.

Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

Buttercup: I will never doubt again.

Westley: There will never be a need. [This sounds like a classic Russell line.]

[as Buttercup prepares to commit suicide with a dagger]

Westley: There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours. [I thought this is kind of funny haha although I can't imagine Russell saying it.]

No comments: