I stepped up to the car. I peered at it. Check! Its 115. Now what to do?
My friend looked at me. She opened the door. I twiddled my thumbs. She said well get in. I replied Whatever for... as I got more and more embarrassed. She cocked her head in surprise at me: Um you should wait inside. I got more terrified of this white structure with wheels in front of me. But I got into the car. It isn't so bad. I was in the passenger seat anyway! I thanked my friend profusely. Knowing me, I wouldn't know I would have to go straight to the cars anyway.
The wrong instructor came to my car, meaning he mistook the car number for something else. Then, my instructor came and thank goodness! He could speak English. Yay! He was quite friendly... although he shared the same surprise as everybody of you took your theory tests last year and only learn driving now??? And why do you want to learn driving and why manual? Haha... questions questions as he led me round the circuit for quite a few rounds. He pointed out all the different courses like the cars doing directional change, vertical parking etc before leading me to this relatively empty spot to teach me how to move the car forward and backward. Haha... the irony. He gave me a rather long winded breakdown of how to adjust mirrors, seats [i always forget to hold the steering wheel], wipers, lights etc. After that, he taught me how to move off by reaching biting point. I only stalled the cars ONCE. Haha.. come to think of it now, I don't know how to stall the car. But I had a lot of trouble trying to depress the clutch. It was so stiff and I thought I was very slow. The reverse gear didn't engage when I depressed the clutch fully. So there were a lot of times that the car didn't move even as I release the clutch. And it wasn't my fault! Cos the instructor tried and also faced the same prob! But it was scary because I couldn't hold the feet stiff, meaning I will depress accelerator and release clutch while moving and my car will move real fast. It is almost like roller blading but never mind. And my biggest trial is I always remove my hands from the steering wheel after I brake! Sigh, will I ever learn?
Tomorrow, I will be on the circuit. Now thats scary and I need to shift gears. Once I've reached biting point, I depress the accelerator, then release it, fully depress the clutch, shift the gear, release the clutch and press the accelerator!
=/
Anyway, I had a great time with ACUTE yesterday! HAha ps: I need to buy a new bag. And I want those lunchboxes that MArilyn blogged about. It really is so cute... haha although I'm not sure if I'm retro enough to pull it off. I like the Junkfood one but you get it free when you spend $300! =( don't want to spend that money for just that box. We also k-boxed! For a super mega long time! I mean like really really long! We crooned lots of chinese songs with my English ones and I will always rmb Ah Niu now... Haha I put S Club 7 on and marilyn was embarrassed! Cos it really was so yesterday when we were young in Sec school, doing silly stuff I guess. Well, I rmbed that song simply cos I always played that song when I wanted to get a high score for tetris before I went for YFC. Haha, they are all related. Plus, we went shopping! Woah! Haha check out gera's buys manz! I miss JC! I miss ACUTE. We also had dinner at Pepper Lunch. YummY! babyrus is happy! Hee... how coincidental. Just as I am listening to Alexia~ Happy... but I am happy!
I SURVIVED MY FIRST DRIVING LESSON! WHEE~
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment