Monday, May 08, 2006

Rootless Wanderings

I am a toboggan!
Find your own pose!


Toboggan Traits and Tendencies
Tobogganeers are always one step in front of their peers; they're first to buy a house, first to microdermabrate, first to spend more than a thousand dollars on a rug. Yet in their rush to get ahead of the curve, Toboggan couples sometimes find themselves racing in two entirely different directions. If they don't check in frequently to make sure they're both on the same track, they can grow impressively far apart, and it can take a great deal of painful maneuvering and many late-night talks before they reconnect once again.
Comfort Zone
Toboggan is a Sun Sleeper pose. Other Sun poses a Tobogganeer might enjoy include Big C Little c, Classic Spoons, and The Heimlich.
A Note About Feeding
Tobogganeers have two modes: fed and calm, and unfed and frantic. To prevent bickering and other erratic behaviors, always keep the pantry and glove box well stocked with a supply of crackers and spreadables.


Now that was an interesting quiz although the questions don't really say as much. I cleaned out my PGP room today and felt a sense of queer loss as if I am closing a chapter of my life. The corridors that had mirth and laughter as we shrieked and laughed gaily. How we stayed up late to talk, to drink, to play, to cry, to complain, to ponder, to dream... I am going to miss everyone! Lyn, Aileen, Jae, Sze, Brandon, Kent and customarily the Auxillary Member of PGP PGP: Junwen... plus the late nights of DOTA, Chez Goth/Greek, Citadels etc Freedom lost again. My sex ed is going to be disrupted! Lol...

It has been a very fun-filled year one... only thing I regret is the Sports Sec thingy. But so many things have happened this year... both happiness and sadness, I have seen both. Not just in my USP, my DARK SIDE but also in my ACUTE. Only thing that never seems to have changed are the guys from AJC... but then again, they don't read my blog 'cept Kelvin. I am no longer going to be a NUS freshie.. a baby year 1 cos now I am headed towards year 2 whether be it this year or the next...

One more day till I get freaked out.

Had an interesting conversation in which someone accused me of wasting being a female ^ ^\/ It is nice to know that I amuse people because of my innocence. Whether this innocence is caused by really sheer ignorance or ignorance brought on because I simply refuse to associate with anything of that matter, please do pardon my sexual shortcomings.

Anyway, the elections have come and gone. Maybe we can get our peace. Haha no I am not a parochial civil society though the Singapore civil society is such... It is just that I cannot stand it when MEN quibble over the slightest things and have the whole process of democracy painted like it is a wrestling ring. I mean these are certainly ways to keep a disinterested public uninterested in politics, but sometimes I feel it might be carrying things a bit too far. I don't really want to ask how many SIngaporeans actually understand the meaning of DEMOCRACY... except it is something good and what every superpower on this wonderful planet strives for. Democracy is the form of government for Liberalism.

What is Liberalism?

I am real glad I'm in NUS and USP that I have a chance to know these things. Going to SMU would make me even more sad I guess because I would be learning to be a good productive worker in this blustering economy... the ADVANCED INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY by Marcuse and of course, giving another reason to the mandate/ legitimacy of the government as stated by Habermas. I learnt a lot from Democratic Possibilities. And yet, it is so much more than just mere politics.

I found the root of my depression.

No comments: