Saturday, January 21, 2006

Numbers, numbers...

I am getting a new form of blogging off Amanda. Hope she doesn't mind but I daresay its a nice way of expressing your thoughts without cluttering everything up. It might seem like a science equation but the aim is to just allow you to focus on one important point you would like people to notice at a time. Crap? Not really. It is just Mathematics =)...

1) Eugene, you say we need to look at others' pov. Look at it this way. Who usually dictates the views? Who is the one to say that the view should be in a particular way? It is usually the people in power who want to protect their interests that coerce us into forming these thoughts. We must always look beyond the surface. An example: The Functionalist theory states tt some positions are functionally more important important than others like doctors are more important than nurses. Hence, differential rewards are essential for motivating people. However, the concept of 'functionally important' is value-laden. Tumin's criticises it as who decides what is important? People in power usually can through the manipulation of propaganda and socialisation.
Food for a thought: Why are football players paid more than teachers? Are they 'functionally' more 'important'?
And since this happens in the outside world, should we allow it to happen?

2) I love USP. I love my USP friends! Junwen, Lynnette, Aileen, Jaesson, Sze Han, Eugene, Yi Wen, Ying Tat, Ying Zheng(Grandson), Ee Ming... love you guys a lot! Right... this is the second time I am declaring my love for my friends (the first is always with ACUTE). Played Daidee with Junwen, Eugene and Ying Tuo ytd and had so much fun. Played DOTA with Aileen, Wei Yang and Szehan's fren. Cut Lynnette's cake and went to West Coast Macs for Jaesson's supper. PLayed Chez Goth! Haha... but was thinking of DOTA tt JAe and Sze accused me of being addicted. Maybe I am or maybe I am not. Its only because it is more accessible now with lancraft. =) Jaesson drove us to Bird Park where we went up the hill and could see the lights of Jurong Island. Lynnette has Jae, Aileen had Sze, Victoria had DOTA. I love USP modules like Demo Possibilities. Kenneth rocks as a lecturer! I never had so much fun putting LKY on trial as a philosopher king or a dictator. NB: Philosopher King is a benevolent dictator anyway. I like all the intellectual discussions we have. Pity, we have to grow up but there is a way...

3) I like Sociology! I like Sociology! If we have a classless system, we can sit around and have intellectual discussions like Plato and Socrates did. =) PLus, I got Cheong Kah Meng back as my tutor... Woot~ I am super super happy!

4) I like DOTA. Ignore the point 2) that I am addicted. DOTA reminds me of Russell. Go to point 5)

5) Russell is coming home in two days time. Yay! I like DOTA because before Russell went to Thailand, we chiong DOTA non stop. I got a new hero though. Anyway, I was kind of angry with Russell. Perhaps the absence has been jarring on my nerves but it was really a feeling why can't he call me again? It doesn't help that his phone is spoilt too.

6) Russell and I have been together for 2 years. Apparently it is VERY long. A lot of people have expressed surprise over it. Anyway, I was telling Regina 15/03 about how a fren whom I haven't talked to for more than 1 year suddenly msged me about DOTA and we realised her bf and my bf were both in Thailand for Ex. Cresendo now. Regina said, 'I didn't know you had a bf.' I said, 'You didn't know?!?! But it was since J1!' Regina replied, 'You are still together? That is long!'

7) I spent last Wednesday talking cock literally with Eng Wen before my German class. I was asking him about his last sem Nanotechnology project to allow a male to have a constant erection. They managed an A for that project. I was asking if the idea of muscle cramps still holds. He spent the next few mins explaining that it was not a muscle but rather like a balloon. Literally talking cock.

8) Marilyn says that Russell is a saintly guy. That he is really too good to be true but he is true. Lynnette says we are a cute guai couple. Can you seriously imagine us being married?!?!

9) I miss the friends whom I held in such high esteem. Russell is included here. We used to hold intellectual discussions and I used to admire how they wanted to change society. After they went to NS, their dreams just fizzled off. They become more concerned with just trying to get ORD asap and the philosophy they once talked about incessantly is gone. Have they really lost their dreams? I am so disappointed esp with Russell. I thought I had someone who wanted to change the world with me. In the end, its just practicality. Though talking to Leon about Lord of the Flies and Singapore really ignited the respect I have for him.

10) Truly, Love does not equal Happiness.

11) I want to be a good Soldier of God. I must go for Zion's Joy! I cannot slack in my faith.

No comments: