I had another dream last night. I think it occurred after I spoke to Russell on the phone. I was in a battle as usual. Firstly, it was in some catechism class. Our parents and other elders were in a room, showing a video I think about the Japanese invasion. We were meant to actually be in another room on an exchange program that had all the rest of the teenagers, who were mostly Europeans. The fact was there were not enough seats in the classroom that resembled my old catechism building at Highland Road that is now the Singapore Pastoral Institute. It was quite dark in the night and we slowly made our way there. The teenagers were looking at us angrily, as if we had no right to be there and almost rose against us. However, we knew (we meaning my sis and I) could hold our own against them, and they backed down.
The next few scenes showed us running. The Japanese (?) or some other European country had attacked. Finally, we decided to form a rebellion. I am not sure if we were in Australia or Singapore or Malaysia. Anyway, we finally decided to form a resistance. We were issued rifles and shouldered them with pride. We were engaging in urban warfare and fought on the streets. It was heavy battle.
I remembered this scene in particular; it was they and we in a canal. An enemy tank was in the waters and we were under the water. It was dreadful as we all tried to hold our breaths as long as we could under water. It was terrifying and I believe I was the one who accidentally gave our spot away. The tank had missiles on it (yes, my imagination does run wild) and went to the side of the canal to fire it at us. Thankfully, we did not die but we leapt up from our spot. There were some mumbles about the pressure of inward water but yeah, I cannot really remember. When we did, I was trying to figure a way to escape. I was running in all directions but it was barricaded with the enemy. Its funny that they did not attempt to shoot me. As such, their proposition was we pretend to protect them at a particular river crossing. They ordered us to pick up our rifles and I went to get mine hidden by the canal (yes, I broke the cardinal rule of never leaving your rifle).
Scenes flashed and soon I was at another. We were helping the people to carry the dead to the buildings so they could rest peacefully and the injured could be treated. I remembered Aunty Shirley was there. The two doctors were arguing because one wanted to leave and join a Navy so he could conduct his experiments in peace while the other was angry he could put self against community. (This is rather ironic as it somewhat happened between Russell and I) Therefore, I just carried on with the carryings and soon heard I was in-charge. When we were all set to go, there was a riot amongst the older women (I just realized most of my force were women) and given my role, I tried to pacify them. However, they would not listen and continued squabbling. In the end, I gave in to exasperation and opened fire at them. Imagine the horror when people realized the dead bodies and had to carry them in again. We were delayed and I was facing remorse of the fourth degree. I had just lost face in the sight of my peers and they left without me. I was an outcast.
However, luckily, my brother, sister and two outcasts were left. We continued to fight our way to the capital with our rifles. Oh yeah, the two doctors died in the hands of an enemy ambush as I saw through my use of Sight. Suddenly, we felt the urgent need to get to the airport. In short, Alex and I mounted a bicycle and the rest scooters. I remembered the exhilaration we had while we tried to outpace the other. In the end, Alex and I were on the bikes with Malcolm balancing between us. It was really a fast chase to the city and we were suddenly, in a bus to the airport.
I was wondering if I could bring PODs on board the plane when we just got on and flew home. There was a string of refugees at the arrival hall and we me Aunty Shirley again. We went home and I woke up. There were other more violent scenes but I could not remember what really happened so omitted them.
I think I am beginning to miss talking to someone.
Hey Knight Protector,
How are you? Haven't heard from you for a long time. Hope you are okay! =)
ANyway, I am quite busy now with Sports USP. Quite excited but yet, pressured. Yuan Ye just came up with more stuff for me. ARGH!
Friday, December 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment