I guess I never really blogged about soccer except the last one cos of my first cramps in history. Today, only had 5 of us and 2 Brazilians. Hooray... cos one of them was a guy and I had to tackle him!!!!!! Like omg! I cannot push him. But I think today I was violent la... keep banging into ppl. But everybody couldn't run much today. We were fatigued very easily, maybe due to the small size of players.
I offered to be goalkeeper today before training and he said ok, he will teach me the basics. But i will have to play every game. And he will see if I am comfortable with the ball in my hands. Then, we had training with this ladder on the floor. Woah! Thats tiring and my coordination ain't tt good. After tt, was the match. When it all ended, I asked if he still wan me try for goalkey and he said yeah but its good if u can play other positions too. Then, if someone else is goalkey, u can play other positions.
I am hungry. I am drinking soup wif digestive biscuits. There isn't food left after soccer so have to make the most out of it. I am very tired. Just finished my german homework while waiting to cool down so as to bathe. Still got to read history stuff.
Hmz, I am very impressed with D H Lawrence. omg. I never knew what a great writer he was. Realli happy I chose this writing module even though I suck at writing but still. How can Darwin and DH Lawrence and Singapore be related? Isn't tt amazing? Glad I learn such stuff in USP.
DH Lawrence reminds me of myself at times, my ideologies and ideas. How he got rejected by the army---> Hence, he doesn't embrace natural selection cos he realised he can nv be a product of natural selection. He rejects Darwin's 'determinism constraining individual freedom', which I also reject and believe that self-fulfillment before society. He believes once you take away social norms, social constraints and mechanism which turn humans into animals, you can find self-fulfillment, which should be the blueprint for the utopian society. I believe that even more fervently. He states you should always be true to yourself. Yet, how can society advance if we only have self-fulfillment? We need an elitist leader as what Lawrence says and yes, this has been discussed and agreed by Russell, Leon and I. Paradoxical isn't it?
It is just so fantastic how he takes the class system down, how he writes about the sex parts with so much political meanings. Seriously, when you look beyond the surface, you see a myriad of interesting sublimal messages. It isn't about sex anymore. Plus, he is quite romantic but often, he portrays his ideas very well. One thing is he is a MCP! He believes that men are superior to women. But it is interesting to note that his disgust wif women stems from the experiences he had with them eg his wife Freida is called the Devouring Mother. Um, yeah... but he still remained together wif her. Hmz... anyway, his disgust wif women also is similar to my disgust with men. But I think I might have reconciled it. Plus, during the Edwardian times, writers usually write about how they are released from the death of a parent. Basically, our parents control us. Esp in the case of our mothers, 'the child's fear of being destroyed by the mother,' (Ruderman 21). We are torn between dependency and yet striving for independence. Sighz. Can I also openly agree to this?
I never knew Lawrence was so thought-provoking. Moreover, his story caused more trouble than Darwin cos of sexual content. I think its more of the attempt by the upper class to stem the idea that they are mere mortals and not superior to the middle and working class. Lawrence portrays them in a light which would let ppl infer that the upper class is dying, on its way to extinction as they are not virile, potent, robust, having had too much luxuries. Thus, in sexual and natural selection, they are not fit to survive.
Marrying without social norms would produce the Utopian couple of Adam and Eve? Lawrence believes so as social norms confine a person like how Lady Chatterly could not enjoy the first love-making cos her upbringing screamed that she is getting contaminated by an inferior working class man. Hence, sexual selection should be the way as u should ignore damaging social conventions of class and you will find happiness by being true to yourself. They become happy later at the second love-making( note: the gamekeeper is both robust and virile to do twice!) as social norms give way to true passion. Hence, natural and sexual selection can occur to ensure the survival of humans due to self-fulfillment. Heh. Pls look below the sex parts. Tsk.
=) Cool huh? Wow... Utopian society that can't really work
Not communism
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment